Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mis-identified Vegetable and Green Pizza

I mis-identified a vegetable I used in my garlic greens stir-fry! I thought what I'd used was broccolini, but now I think it was kai-lan, otherwise known as Chinese broccoli or Chinese kale. According to Wikipedia, broccolini is a cross between broccoli and kai-lan, so at least I was in the right family. Thanks to The Crispy Cook for posting about Chinese broccoli, leading to the discovery of my error! I have to say, I like the name Green Lance best, and love the superhero outfit Rachel donned for her post.

I had a bunch of leftovers from my green stir-fry, and a little bit of chilli leftover from some I had frozen recently. Instead of my usual pizza toppings, I used chilli in place of tomato paste, and cooked greens as the vegetable component.

Leftovers Pizza
Freshly Made Leftover Pizza
Creative Commons License

Not expecting too much from my leftover concoction, I was pleasantly surprised that this was one of the best pizzas I've made! I'll definitely be trying to re-create this one when I have the right leftovers lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment